The students of the Culinaria Program of Centro de Capacitacion CECAP in Santa Cruz invites you to their first Festival of Gastronomia, Saturday, Nov. 26, 12-3 p.m. 21 types of food and 7 types of beverages will be prepared and served by the first graduating class of culinary arts students as part of the final practica exam. Come help support them! Q100 donation (goes to CECAP). Call Santos Canel for reservations: 4050-5000
* * *
CULINARY ARTS PROGRAM REGISTRATION
CECAP announces the second year of it's Culinary Arts program to begin in January 2012. Registration begins Dec. 1. See the attached poster for details.
AMIGOS AND THE CHASE COMMUNITY GIVING CHALLENGE
Amigos is continuing to participate in the Chase Community Giving challenge for a chance at winning $25,000. Please help Amigos continue to support the people of the 5 villages that make up the municipality of Santa Cruz la Laguna: Santa Cruz, Jaibalito, Tzununa, Panjomel, Chuitzanchaj, and the aldea of Tzanjomel. This area has been deemed to be one of the poorest areas of Guatemala by the Guatemalan national government. Amigos de Santa Cruz is competing with thousands of charities across the country. With the help of our volunteers and supporters Amigos de Santa Cruz has the opportunity to continue to bring the much needed resources that will directly impact the lives of the residents of the Santa Cruz community.
This will not cost you money and you do not have to be a U.S. citizen to vote! Anyone in the WORLD who is on Facebook can vote for Amigos de Santa Cruz by following these few simple steps:
1. Go to the Amigos Chase Profile Page: http://bit.ly/rX4nkf
2. Log on to your Facebook page if you haven't already done so.
3. “Like” Chase Community Giving. A 'Request for Permission' pop-up screen will appear and you will be asked to grant permission to access your PUBLIC FB profile. This is not a big deal as this is what you allow to be public.
4. Click the GREEN "Vote and Share" button and VOTE FOR AMIGOS! (make sure you click the GREEN "Vote and Share" button. "Likes" are nice but they do not count. You must click the GREEN button!)
5. Share! By posting on your FB wall, messaging your FB friends, emailing or Tweeting your friends asking them to also vote for Amigos de Santa Cruz! Every vote counts! GRACIAS!